If you are a Kent business thinking of exporting or trading overseas, the first question you may be asking is “who can help me”? There are various organisations and programmes in Kent which can provide support and advice services to local firms wishing to do business abroad whether you are an experienced exporter or are completely new to international trade.
Can you support Kent businesses in international trade?
The KIB partners realise that there are a number of Kent businesses which have expertise and can provide support to other Kent companies in international trade. If you would like to upload a profile of your business please click below:
Choose a filter...
The Boost4Health (B4H) project is part funded by the Interreg 5B North West Europe programme and will support Kent-based Life Sciences companies with internationalisation and in particular market entry into mainland Europe. The project can provide internationalisation and travel vouchers and connect Kent companies to businesses in mainland Europe.
- Take part in an international business growth coaching programme
- Be part of a product validation network
- Take part in international Life Science clustering activities
- Receive micro-financing for growth acceleration & international collaborations
Canterbury Christ Church University
The Research and Enterprise Development Centre at Canterbury Christ Church University can offer a number of support activities to assist businesses in Kent involved in international trade:
- Assistance with strategic development
- International marketing plans
- Training in operating in an international environment
- Courses on international culture and communication
- Development of financial strategy
- Courses in financial strategy
- Foreign Languages training
- International Student Internships
- + 44 (0) 1227 782652
China-Britain Business Council
The China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) is the leading organisation helping UK companies grow and develop their business with China. Its mission is to help UK companies of all sizes and sectors, whether new entrants or established operations, to access the full potential of the fastest growing market in the world.
Through 60 years of engagement, CBBC has built up exceptional connections with government and business across China. The company delivers a range of practical services, including: advice and consultancy, market research, event management, an overseas market introduction service, trade missions and exhibitions, and setting up rep offices. With 9 UK offices and 11 offices across key locations in China, the network provides invaluable local insight, access, and knowledge. As a partner of UK Trade & Investment (UKTI), CBBC delivers its business-to-business services in China.
Whilst use of CBBC’s services is open to all British registered companies on a pay-as you-go basis, it is also a membership organisation with some 900 British company members. CBBC corporate members also benefit from reciprocal membership of the Beijing based British Chamber of Commerce in China, including access to more than 100 events per year in Beijing and a stronger membership network.
- +44 (0)20 7802 2000
Department for International Trade (South East)
DIT is the government organisation dedicated to helping businesses to gain and develop the skills to trade successfully overseas. Through its local trade advisers, DIT can provide a number of support services and access to a network of Embassies, Consulates and other offices in over 100 markets worldwide.
DIT can offer the following support services to Kent companies:
- Passport to Export – a package of support for new or inexperienced exporters
- Support to visit overseas markets – UKTI South East lead a number of market visits each year to countries around the world
- Events & Training courses – benefit from a series of informative events and training courses on international subjects
- Exhibition support – help to attend trade fairs and overseas exhibitions
- Market Research – learn more about your chosen market through our flexible Overseas Market Information Service
- Language and International Communication – assistance to help you understand the local business culture and maximise your marketing and communications materials
- Gateway to Global Growth – a comprehensive programme for more experienced exporters For more information
- + 44 (0) 8452 789 600
Enterprise Europe Network
The Kent Enterprise Europe Network is a specialist support network for SMEs with representation in over 45 countries. Its role is to raise awareness of business opportunities for companies within the EU and inform them of relevant regulations, programmes and initiatives.
The Kent Enterprise Europe Network offers a range of tailored services to help businesses including:
- Information helpline on trading with the EU
- Partner Finder service across the 27 EU markets and 21 other countries, to match commercial or technology requirements
- National, Member state and EU Legislation information
- Matchmaking events, workshops & seminars
- Research grant funding opportunities
- +44 (0)844 725 2244
Federation of Small Businesses
The FSB is Britain’s leading business organisation with 210,000 members throughout the UK. Its purpose is to promote and to protect the interests of the self employed and people who own or run a small business.
The FSB can offer:
- Signposting and networking opportunities with small businesses with experience of export markets.
- +44 (0)1622 688134