Biocat – The BioRegion of Catalonia
Biocat works to boost the Catalan healthcare and life sciences ecosystem by working with various stakeholders which are part of the BioRegion (companies, research groups , hospitals and innovation support structures) to transform knowledge and technology into economic growth and to create a social impact.
- Acts as a knowledge partner for the Catalan government to design policies and programmes that affect the health sector.
- Monitors international trends to anticipate the sector’s needs and opportunities
- Facilitates collaboration between the stakeholders and businesses in Catalonia and beyond, both nationally and internationally.
- Facilitates access of companies and research bodies to public stakeholders.
- Delivers innovative solutions to the sector’s challenges.
Biocat is connected to:
- 3 technology centres
- 12 universities
- 40 research centres
- 14 science parks
- 18 university hospitals