Innovative Sector Exchange (ISE) Project Update
Fresh from an inspiring visit to world-leading sustainable interior design company Unilin in Belgium for our New Materials companies, the ISE partners have been making plans for events and activities aimed at Kent companies for the first part of 2020. These include:
- A trip to Horecava, Amsterdam from 13-15 January for food & drink sector companies and those with an interest in the Hotel, Restaurant & Catering industry.
- Visit to the MNE & Prototyping Fair in Kortrijk, Belgium on 6-7 February followed by a visit to find out about the Factories of the Future initiative in West Flanders.
- A Digital & Creative sector Cluster meeting in Lille from 12-13 February. This will be a chance to focus on joint working & collaboration opportunities with businesses from France, Belgium & the Netherlands.
- A visit to the Tavola fine food & drink event in Kortrijk from 16-17 March
- A visit to an Innovative Ingredients event for the ISE Food & Drink Cluster in Ghent on 28 April
- And finally, our ISE Innovation Summit in West Flanders on 24 March with keynote speakers from several global companies.
These events are all free of charge and further details will be available on the ISE website – please click here to visit the site for more information.
New Innovation Guides:
The ISE project is pleased to be able to share our new Innovation Guide which captures and summarises the advice and information shared during the various workshops and events that took place during the first part of the project. The guide is broken down into 6 sections, all of which can be downloaded using the links below:
Book a free 121 Diagnostic:
Kent businesses still have time to request a 121 innovation & internationalisation assessment with an international trade expert from Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce which will give you some practical recommendations to help your business grow.
SIE Project Update
Through Kent County Council’s ‘SME Internationalisation Exchange’ Project, there are 2 opportunities for Kent businesses to get involved in new export-related activities:
1. The Kent Export Manager Pilot Scheme (KEMPS).
KCC has secured funding through the Interreg Europe SIE project to run a pilot Export Manager Scheme in Kent to help a few small businesses to develop their export activity.
The scheme will offer a small amount of grant funding (up to €10,000 maximum) to a handful of Kent businesses to enable them to recruit someone with the specific skills and expertise they need to boost exports.
If you would like to consider applying for the scheme, please click here to download our expression of interest form. This should be returned to by sending an email to email@example.com by 6 December 2019.
2. Kent Export Cluster Pilot scheme.
We’re working on the details behind the scenes on a programme to support a group of companies in 2020 with export activities and look forward to sharing information shortly!
Celebrating Export Success in Kent
It’s always great to hear about Kent businesses which have secured new overseas orders as a result of their hard work and great products and services.
This month you can find out more about:
- Dartford-based ‘Feed me Bottles’ has secured new deals to sell its innovative self-warming baby bottle range in the US and China! Click here to read the full story
- Gillingham-based EcoEgg has landed a significant contract in Vietnam for its eco and allergy-friendly laundry egg range. Read the full story by clicking here
- ‘Kent Business’ has also just announced the top 10 Kent exporters from its ‘Megagrowth 50’ list. This captures details about Kent businesses with the fastest growing export sales. The top 10 for 2019 are:
- West Design Products, Folkestone
- Sahara Presentations Group, Dartford
- Edward Vinson, Faversham
- Gforces, Maidstone
- Mote Hall, Maidstone
- Simms International, Lenham
- HV Wooding, Hythe
- Fileder Filter Systems, Maidstone
- Kelsey Media, Tonbridge
- Burtons Group of Companies, Tonbridge
A huge well done to all of these businesses! We’re very proud to have such a great range of successful exporters in the county.
Wednesday 4 March 2020, ExCeL, London
Enterprise Europe is organising a matchmaking event at Futurebuild, one of the biggest events in the world for sustainable construction.
The matchmaking event gives the opportunity for participants to pre-arrange meeting with businesses, research organisations, and construction companies active in the Eco-construction sector.
Register now for this FREE matchmaking event by clicking here and meet new partners from all over Europe in one day!
- Sustainable design
- Progressive and efficiency technologies (low energy, passive, intelligent, ecological)
- New building material and technologies
- Systems and equipment using energy from alternative sources
- Heating equipment
- Control and metering equipment
Proud of your Export Achievements?
Why not let others know by applying for an export award. Winning not only gives your business additional kudos but can motivate staff and re-assure potential new clients. There are 3 opportunities to apply at the moment:
- The Kent Invicta Chamber Awards ‘Exporter of the Year Category – deadline for applying is 24 January 2020. Find out more by clicking here
- The Federation of Small Businesses Awards ‘International Business of the Year’ – deadline for applying is 7 February 2020. Find out more by clicking here
- The SEHTA Medtech Awards Export Category (for Life Science companies) – deadline for applying is 20 December 2019. Find out more by clicking here