International Trade Webinars – diary dates for the Autumn:
The Department for International Trade has now announced its Autumn webinar series aimed at companies in the South East::
- SaaS Sales to the USA – Breaking Down Sales Tax , 8 Sep. Click here for more information.
- Harness the Power of eCommerce to Win International Business, 16-17 September. Click here for more information.
- Winning and Delivering Business Internationally, 23-23 September. Click here for more information.
- Managing International Agents & Distributors, 29-30 September, Click here for more information.
- Boost Your Online Reach with Website Optimisation, 7-8 October. Click here for more information.
- Winning and Delivering Business Internationally, 13-14 October. Click here for more information.
- Using Social Media to Find New Clients, 21-22 October. Click here for more information.
- Winning and Delivering Business Internationally, 3-4 November, Click here fore more information.
- Pricing Your Exports for Profit, 10-11 November, Click here for more information.
- Researching and Selecting International Markets, 24-25 November, Click here for more information.
- Enhance Your Sales Tools, 2-3 December, Click here for more information.
- Winning and Delivering Business Internationally, 8-9 December, Click here for more information.
Kent Invicta Chamber is running the following online sessions:
- Export and Import Training – Letters of Credit Demystified, 8 September, Click here for more information
- Export and Import Training: INCOTERMS 2020 Rules, 29 September, Click here for more information.
The ISE Project is also running the following webinars for Kent food & drink companies:
Catch up with DIT’s recent international trade-related webinars.
If you missed the Department for International Trade’s recent webinar series, you can now catch up with recordings including sessions on:
- Selling Services Overseas
- Selling Food & Drink products to the US
- Risk Management in New Markets
- Selling on international market places
Innovative Sector Exchange (ISE) Project Update
Save the date – International Innovation Summit, 10 November.
We were originally planning a final conference to bring together businesses from France, Belgium, the UK and the Netherlands but we’re taking the event on line. We’ve lined up an inspirational range of international speakers and there will be plenty of opportunities to interact. So please put the date in your diaries – more details will follow shortly!
Business Meetings Food, Paris 2020
Although SIAL 2020 won’t be taking place this year, Business France and Enterprise Europe Network are organising a series of B2B matchmaking meetings from 19-22 October 2020.
These will be virtual (or physical for companies wishing to travel to Paris) and will aim to match producers and buyers / distributors etc. There is a charge of €100 per 45 minute meeting with a buyer.
You can find out more details including how to register by clicking here to visit the Business Meetings Food website.
Latest Food Trends in France:
Colleagues at Sutralis have continued to provide a number of updates about consumer trends and the food & drink sector in France. You can see the articles produced over the summer by clicking here.
Beware of French Food & Drink Order Scams!
DIT France has heard of a number of UK companies being approached by people claiming to work for a French distribution organisation seeking to place an order which will never be paid.
How to spot a scam:
- Most French retailers would always ask for samples prior to placing a big order
- They would discuss terms, formats, deadlines etc.
- Most French retailers would have a normal landline phone number (starting 01, 02 etc.) – beware of numbers starting with 09. Keep a look out for slightly changed email or web addresses with ‘c’ rather than ‘ç’ for example
- Real companies are being impersonated using extracts from genuine companies ‘company’s house’ equivalent.
What to do?
- Ignore the request if it is a scam
- Notify DIT France, your International Trade Advisor etc. so that the scam can be further exposed
- Report the scam to local or national authorities
Scams that we are aware of include companies impersonating Sodijour Distribution, Vernet-Dis, Nicodis, Sodes, Foch Distribution and Mar-Dis.
If you think you’ve been approached or would like further information about what to look out for, then please get in touch with us.
HealthTech Innovation Days, 5-6 October 2020 – Physical (Paris) & Virtual Event
- This event will bring together European HealthTech companies with cutting-edge healthcare technologies and will provide opportunities for showcasing products through:
B2B meetings between entrepreneurs, international pharmaceutical companies, global investors, health experts and other institutions;
Conferences and thematic round tables on new trends in health;
This event is aimed at Biotech and medtech companies, businesses offering innovative services tested by healthcare partners, digital-health companies which are working on partnerships with pharmaceutical companies.