International Trade Webinars & Online Events – diary dates:
- KICC, Methods of Payment in International Trade for Exporters and Importers, 5 April, Click here for more information
- DIT, The internationalisation fund, 7 April. Click here for more information
- DIT, Introducing your Medical Devices to France, 19 April. Click here for more information
- SEHTA, How to Access the US Markets Workshop, 21 April,Click here for more information
- KICC, Correct Use Of Tariff Classifications. Including Importer And Exporter Obligations, 26 April. Click here for more information
- DIT, The Internationalisation Fund: Co-Investment Funding for SMEs, 19 May. Click here for more information
- KICC, International: Trade and Finance (For Importers and Exporters), 21 June. Click here for more information
SEED Project Update –Malaysia, UAE, Canada & The Phillipines
The South East Export Development project is continuing to invite companies from Kent to sign up for our next programmes of activity focusing on the following::
- Malaysia (Health & Life Sciences) – June-September
- United Arab Emirates (Health & Life Science) – July-October
- Canada (Health & Life Science + Digital & Creative) – dates TBC
- Philippines (Food & Drink)- dates TBC
Our Virtual Trade Mission programmes are already underway Ireland, UAE and Vietnam. Each programme includes bespoke market briefings and insight, 1-2-1 support from ‘in-market’ specialists, and meetings with targeted in-market business contacts.
Further details on our remaining programmes to follow soon!
Our online SEED 1-2-1 export readiness meetings are also available for SELEP-based businesses to book through the project. These are meetings held with an International Trade or Business Advisor to ensure you are ‘export-ready’, including for the above-mentioned markets.
If these are of interest or you’re not sure, why not take a look at the Country Guides produced by the Department for International Trade:
- Please click here to visit the Ireland Country Guide
- Please click here to visit the United Arab Emirates Country Guide
- Please click here to visit the Vietnam Country Guide
- Please click here to visit the Malaysia Country Guide
- Please click her to visit the Philippines Country Guide
- Please click here to visit the Canada Country Guide
If you’re interested in participating in the SEED project, click here to contact us or click here to download our Expression of Interest form on this page and return to us.
IMPULS Project Update (Innovation in Manufacturers of Products Used in Life Sciences):
IMPULS is part-financed by the Interreg France-Channel-England Programme. It aims to help SMEs from SE England and NW France to collaborate, internationalise and access opportunities on both sides of the Channel and further afield.
As part of the IMPULS project and to foster easier connections across the UK/France partnership, IMPULS can offer FREE or reduced rate attendance for the following virtual life science events taking place.
Bespoke Free Marketing opportunities for your Life Science SME
Short Video for the French Market
As part of the IMPULS Project we will be giving businesses the opportunity to film a short video about their business, products or services. This film can be used to promote your company to an international audience and can be shared on social media platforms and as part of virtual and in person industry events.
Filming will take place on 8 June in Maidstone.
Brochure/ Interactive Online Map
We will also be creating a brochure and an interactive on-line map which will showcase innovative Life Science companies in the South East of England and the North West of France also to be shared at major Life Sciences industry events.
If you are interested in producing a short video and/or featuring in the brochure and interactive map then please contact email@example.com
Boost4Health – Help with German Market Access
- We are working on a mini project to enable a small number of Kent Life Science companies to be provided with a free mini-brochure in German to assist with promotion in that market. If you are interested in this opportunity, please get in touch.
In the meantime, you have a month left to apply for a Boost4Health Vouchers to help with internationalisation (max. value €1,500)
What’s on offer?
- Hire a consultant in another European country, to carry out lead generation / customer identification activities abroad.
- Feasibility studies for market suitability / insight / routes to market in mainland Europe.
- Hire a consultant / agency, to carry product or marketing material localisation activities abroad.
- Organise digital market insight / compliance training sessions
Apply for a Boost4Health Connection Voucher (max. value €500):
Kent Life Science companies who are keen to attend events hosted across North West Europe can apply for a €500 Boost4Health Connection Voucher.
What’s on offer?
- Cover fees for online events and other relevant services to the event special sessions, costs for promotion, matchmaking apps) or for internationalisation purposes
- Cover travel and accommodation costs to attend events across North West Europe in person
2022 Anglo Nordic Life Science Conference
Anglonordic is exclusively for European investors and R&D companies from the Nordics and the UK to connect with each other. With an established format of panel discussions, parallel technology and biotech investment rooms, plus 1:1 meetings, this conference provides exceptional value. Investors with funds attend free-of-charge.
Dates: 4 & 5 May 2022
The conference will take place in-person at County Hall, London. Networking begins on the evening of Wednesday 4 May 2022.
The Anglonordic Life Science Conference has a “by-invitation-only” policy. The organisers welcome a limited number of service suppliers as sponsors or exhibitors.
The Clinical Trials Information System (#CTIS) is now up and running!
The website serves to implement EU pharmaceutical law in the Clinical Trials Regulation (Regulation (EU) No 536/2014). The goal of the regulation is to create a favourable environment for conducting clinical trials in the EU, to ensure the EU remains an attractive region for clinical research, with the highest standards of safety for participants and transparency of information.
Anybody can use it to view information on clinical trials in the EU and EEA from 31 January 2022.
Export Support Service
The government’s Export Support Service helpline and online service is the first point of contact for all UK businesses to get answers to questions about exporting their products or services to customers in Europe.
The Export Support Service is a free government service run by the Department for International Trade.
No matter the size of your business, how much you export or where in the UK you are based, you can use the service to get answers to your questions.
Webinar: Introducing your Medical Devices to France (19 April, 10am)
The medical device (MD) market has undergone profound changes over the past twenty years, under the combined effect of three factors of change: the considerable development of technologies, the strengthening of European and national requirements in terms of health safety, and growing economic constraints on reimbursement spending.
In this context, medical device manufacturers must be able to anticipate very early in the development of their product the requirements to meet to obtain not only CE marking but also manage a successful product pathway on the market.
Our panel of expert speakers will give an overview of the different routes to market to sell your solution in France and look through the DOs and DON’Ts when working with a French partner.
10.00 – Welcome & Introduction
10.05 – Accessing the French market: reimbursement schemes & financial incentives
10.15 – The pharmacy market (OTC)
10.25 – The Private Hospital market
10.35 – The Public Hospital market
10.45 – Best Practice sharing – DOs and DON’Ts in working with a French partner
10.55 – Q&A and close
Registration Deadline: 14 April
How to Access the US Medtech Markets (SEHTA & LSBU)
Should a UK MedTech SME approach the US market? If so, when, how and which states should you approach?
If you are looking to access the US Market then join SEHTA‘s informative half-day workshop. The US market for medtech is by far the biggest in the world at around $160 billion dollars which is around 40% of the global market. However, the US has its own tough regulatory regime and there is considerable difference between states, in legal, financial and other requirements.
Overview of the webinar
- Understand the US as a market for their product
- Understand the regulatory requirements
- Target states which might be most receptive to approaches
Understand what public sector support there might be to help export to the US.
For an additional fee of £100+VAT for Members, £150+VAT for non-members, we can offer you the opportunity to have a 20 min 1:1 with our speakers on the day or pre-arranged date after the event. You’ll be asked to complete our questionnaire in advance for us to understand your needs – apply upon registration.
- Autumn Waska, Trade & Investment Officer, North America, DIT
- Robin Stephens, Co-Founder & CEO, Psephos Biomedica
- Dr. David Tuch, Founder & Executive Chair, Lightpoint Medical
Latest information and guidance for businesses trading with Ukraine or Russia
The Department for International Trade (DIT) has expanded the Export Support Service (ESS) to act as a single point of enquiry for businesses and traders with questions relating to the situation in Ukraine and Russia. Visit https://www.gov.uk/ask-export-support-team, or call the helpline on 0300 303 8955. It is currently operational daily, including weekends: 8am to 10pm.
Visit the gov.uk website by clicking here for the latest guidance on sanctions relating to exporting to Russia. Key links below:
- Click here for information about UK Sanctions Relating to Russia
- Click here for information about Russian Sanctions: Guidance
- Click here for information about Financial Guidance, Russia
- DIT’s Export Control Joint Unit distributed two notice to exporters on the introduction of new sanctions against Russia – click this link for details, and licence suspensions – click this link for details. Sign-up by clicking here to receive email alerts from DIT and notices to exporters including details of upcoming webinars.