Welcome to the Summer 2023 Kent International Business Newsletter
International Trade Webinars & Events – diary dates:
Department for Business and Trade – Export Academy Webinars for July/August:
- Start your Journey with the UK Export Academy,14 July
- Conducting your International Market Research, 14 July
- Selling Online Session 3 – Unlock the power of e-marketplaces: Boost your online exports with an omni-channel strategy, 17 July
- Start your Journey with the UK Export Academy, 17 July
- How to get paid when you sell overseas, 18 July
- Deciding your Pricing Strategy and Routes to Market for Overseas Sales, 20 July
- Grow your business overseas with Innovate UK, 20 July
- Start your Journey with the UK Export Academy, 21 July
- Selling Online Session 4 – From clicks to conversions: Mastering social selling for e-commerce success, 24 July
- Considering Customs Procedures (Part 2 of 2), 25 July
- Start your Journey with the UK Export Academy, 25July
- Pitch your way to success: top tips for selling abroad, 26 July
- A Guide to Getting Paid when Selling Overseas, 27 July
- What are Incoterms® and how should they be used?, 1 Aug
- Understanding Export Controls, 2 Aug
- How to Sell your Services Overseas (Part 1 of 2), 9 Aug
- Creative Industries: An Introduction to the Experience Economy, 10 Aug
- How to Sell your Services Overseas (Part 2 of 2), 11 Aug
- Half-Day Course – An Introduction to Exporting (Part 1 of 2), 22 Aug
- Half-Day Course – Getting your Exports from A to B (Part 2 of 2), 24 Aug
- Sales and Marketing: Creating impactful value propositions to help you succeed overseas, 30 Aug
Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce Events:
Singapore Market Access Webinar
21 September – 9am – 11am
CEBR (Council of European Bioregion) in partnership with the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) invite you to participate to Singapore Market Access webinar Singapore.
This webinar will provide you with an overview on the opportunity to do business in Singapore, discussion will be interactive and will essentially focus on the commercial potential covering non exhaustively: Cultural/economic aspects, Regulation, brief overview of healthcare reimbursement system, competitive analysis, analysis of end consumers, soft landing support and local service providers and networks related to business activity.
What is CEBR?
CEBR is a membership-driven network of life science clusters and regional ecosystems across Europe, representing over 40 subscription members and hundreds of cluster partners across the world. Together, we represent and support a critical mass of SMEs, and hundreds of universities and research centres. To strengthen transfer of knowledge and collaboration between life science clusters and ecosystems in Europe, and support sustainable growth for SMEs, creating a competitive Europe in the global economy.
Registration link will be posted shortly – SAVE THE DATE
Kent Invicta Chamber Business Awards 2023: Success in International Trade
Celebrate Business Excellence in Kent
The Kent Invicta Chamber Business Awards brings together the business community showcasing the amazing achievements of a range of businesses and talented individuals.
These awards attract a wide range of entries from across a variety of sectors, but the finalists and winners all have one thing in common, they are truly excellent at what they do and have proved this in their entry.
Success in International Trade – Applications now open
This category is open to any organisation, irrespective of size or sector, that is successfully marketing its products or services (including digital export trade) to customers outside the UK, and/or marketing products or services (including those of third parties) domestically.
Entrants must be able to demonstrate outstanding improvements in commercial performance through export strategies.
The business/organisation will be asked to outline its exporting history; including how this has had a profound effect on business performance, how international strategies have been developed, how products or services have been tailored for overseas or domestic markets, what strategies are in place to overcome language and cultural difficulties, and what creative and innovative marketing activities have been used.
Entrants must have been trading for a minimum of two years.
Sponsored by: BAE Systems
THURSDAY 23RD NOVEMBER 2023 | WESTENHANGER CASTLE, HYTHE, CT21 4HX
DRINKS RECEPTION 5PM – 6PM | DINNER, AWARDS 6PM – 10:30PM | DANCING 10:30PM – 11.30PM
DRESS CODE: STRICTLY BLACK TIE
Department for Business and Trade – Made in the UK, Sold to the World
The Department for Business and Trade (Formerly the Department for International Trade) has a newly launched website to advise and help business to export to products and services. The site enable businesses to:
- Create and account to find new customers around the world.
- Learn how to sell abroad
- Find the best country for your product.
- Create an export plan that’s right for your business