ABOUT BRITAIN IN SOUTH EAST ASIA (BiSEA)
Are you thinking about growing your business and exporting to South East Asia? Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce brings you this online event which will provide you with the opportunity to meet in-market representatives and discuss export opportunities specific to your business.
BiSEA is the grouping of British Chambers and Business Groups in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
South East Asia is a region where economic growth and development is expected to exceed the global average for the foreseeable future. With a wealth of natural resources, low-cost skilled labour, and a regional Free Trade Agreement, the great diversity of markets and opportunities are attractive across a wide range of sectors.
By 2030, South East Asia’s economy is predicted to eclipse Japan’s and be world’s 4th largest ‘single market’ after the EU, US and China. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) predicts that the size of the middle class in emerging Asia will increase from 24% of the population in 2010 to 65% in 2030. All of this leads to a ‘Community of Opportunities’.
Monday 21st June 2021
- Overview presentation on trade opportunities for UK SME’s in South East Asia
- Possible short presentations from DIT and another overseas trade facilitator (TBC)
- Presentations from Country Representatives to outline individual opportunities in their markets
- Offer of 1-2-1 discussions later in the week and outline of ‘eligibility’ i.e. serious interest only and no holiday-fishers!!
Tuesday 22nd & Wednesday 23rd June 2021
- KICC will field 1-2-1 enquiries and vet the companies for genuine interest and international trade readiness
- Once approved, each applicant will be given online access to a Doodle Poll to book their 1-2-1 slots
- Each slot will be for 25 mins in each half hour, allowing for a quick rest break in between for the Representative
Thursday 24th & Friday 25th June 2021
- Slots booked initially every half hour between 9am and midday UK time, with the facility to extend 1-2 more slots before or after, if demand is high and