Reconnect with Businesses across the Channel
We are pleased to invite Kent businesses to take part in a UK business delegation visit to Northern France on 16 & 17 September 2022. The visit will combine Franco-British business networking and presentations as well as a joint attendance at a local rugby event. France will be hosting the 2023 Rugby World Cup and to mark the year leading up to the event, the Hauts-de-France region and Kent have organised a match between two local rugby clubs; Folkestone and Armentières, in partnership with ‘France 2023’, official organisers of the rugby world cup.
Given that travel and doing cross-border business has been difficult with the recent challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic and the UK’s EU exit, this event is an opportunity to reconnect across the Channel and strengthen Franco-British business links. Keeping cross-Channel trade flowing remains extremely important for our businesses and economies and the best way to do this is by working together and building on long-established links between France and the UK.
This event will focus on:
- Helping companies to work through issues that could be a barrier to cross-border trade such as new trade regulations, border controls and customs requirements. With the right support and knowledge, these issues can be overcome so the event will include presentations from various experts in tax, customs and controls to explain solutions to help all types of business to grow their cross-Channel operations.
- Identifying new business opportunities. Kent and Hauts-de-France share common sector strengths thanks to their geographical proximity. This event is aimed in particular at businesses from 2 key economic sectors: agri-food and transport, storage & logistics, both of which have been impacted by recent events and evolving economic economic trends. There are significant opportunities to link up and grow these sectors on both sides of the Channel.
- Meet experts who can help you deal with post-Brexit trade barriers
- Meet potential new business contacts and partners from both sides of the Channel
- Support the expansion of your business operations in France and mainland Europe
- An opportunity to introduce your business to delegates from France and the UK
- Celebrate the run up to 2023 rugby world cup in France, with a game between Folkestone (Kent) and Armentières (near Lille)
Travel, accommodation and subsistence costs will be fully covered by the project.
Friday 16 September:
- 13:00 Approximate time of coach departure from Ashford
- 18:00 (French time) arrival in Lille for informal event/networking dinner
Saturday 17th September: 9:00-12:00: Business information and networking event including 1 minute pitches from all participants
Session 1 : Dealing with new trade barriers
Topics: dealing with tax/customs representation, controls and requirements on both sides of the Channel
Speakers: RM Boulanger, Unsworth, Ashford/Dover Port Health, Calais SIVEP/Customs
Session 2: Cross-Channel trade opportunities
Topics: business and trade opportunities in the agri-food and transport & logistics sectors
Speakers: Kent Chamber of Commerce, Hauts-de-France Chamber of commerce
- 12:00-13:30: Networking lunch
- 14:00-16:00: Watch the Armentières-Folkestone rugby game and continued business networking
- 16:30: Coach departure to UK
- 20:00 Approximate arrival time in Ashford