GBIP: Medical Devices & Digital Health to India 2022
About This Event
The Global Business Innovation Programme, organised by Innovate UK and delivered by Innovate UK EDGE, consists of a preparation phase, five days of innovation activities focused on India, a post-activity exploitation workshop and support of approximately 12 months from an Innovate UK EDGE Innovation and Growth Specialist, to help your business maximise the opportunities identified, including developing innovation projects with partners in the territory. This initiative will be delivered virtually. Innovate UK is committed to ensure that anyone, from any background, has an equal opportunity to be successful.
There is a clear opportunity for UK-India collaboration to develop innovative medical devices and digital health solutions This initiative is particularly relevant for businesses in the areas of:
- Affordable, accessible medical devices
- Remote access diagnostics and treatments
- Intuitive and consumer focused medical devices
- Healthcare data management, particularly remote and secure access
- Remote, online and AI analytics
- Preventative medicine and holistic patient assessment
- Medical drones
The Indian government has made the medical device industry a priority for the country and is worth $11 billion. It is growing rapidly with an estimated market value of $50 billion by 2025. There are currently six medical device manufacturing clusters and more in the pipeline. India has also launched the National Digital Health Mission which will support integrated digital health infrastructure across the country.
- Explore medical device and digital health market opportunities in India.
- Gain a better understanding of UK-India collaboration opportunities.
- Find potential innovation partners and develop your network in the UK and globally.
- Improve your company value proposition to international partners and investor
Applications close Tuesday 4 January 2022.