This Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce workshop inMedway focuses on Incoterms®; the rules which define the responsibilities of buyers and sellers for the delivery of goods under sales contracts. They are the authoritative rules for determining how costs and risks are allocated to the parties.
Incoterms® are relevant for companies dealing with sales contracts and the movement of goods. Those affected include UK goods traders (exporters & importers) logistics companies, trade financiers, insurers, shippers, freight forwarders, law firms, consultants and advisors etc.
Incoterms® are regularly updated with the new rules coming into affect in 2020.
Why should the 2020 version be used?
- The updated rule book helps to keep pace with changing global trade landscape
- Clear regulations of mutual contractual obligations
- Provides clarity for contracts and avoids misunderstandings
- Avoidance of costly disputes and litigation
- Recognised by UNCITRAL as the global standard