Exporters and importers are encouraged to trade with countries where there are preferential trading agreements. Exporters are often asked to supply EUR1 and ATR Movement Certificates with consignments so that customers can import goods either duty free or at a reduced rate.
This course will explain all aspects of the Rules of Origin and Trade agreements and how to understand and comply with them to help companies be more competitive in export markets.
Delegates will have gained the knowledge of how origin is established, how to complete the relevant documentation and the internal requirements to support the process.
- Definition of a Trade Agreement
- How the Tariff Works
- How Trade Agreements are negotiated
- What we mean by Rules of Origin
- How to Interpret the Rules of Origin
- What is Preferential Trade
- What is Non-Preferential Trade
- Documentation: EUR1 | ATR | GSP | Registered Exporter | Approved Exporter Scheme
- Rules of Cumulation
- Internal documentation and procedures required to support origination declaration
- Responsibilities as an importer and exporter
Who should attend?
- Staff new to international trade (import or export) and those progressing beyond year one.
- Freight Forwarders and logistics service providers who will benefit from an update
- All other international traders and advisers