Winning and Delivering Business Internationally
About This Event
Build an effective strategy to kick-start your export success with step-by-step guidance from international trade experts
Why should you join this virtual master class?
Challenging you to think through your exporting journey, this two-day virtual event will explore the benefits of exporting, helping you build or refine your strategy and combat the issues associated with the transition into new markets.
As you venture into overseas markets, you want to ensure that your business is:
Hear expert insight on the legal, financial and logistical obstacles associated with exporting and how to mitigate these risks and trade safely overseas. Learn how to develop your business model and connect with like-minded South East businesses on the same exporting journey as you.
What will you learn?
This event will challenge your ideas and encourage your strategic thinking to expand. You will explore:
- What you can get out of exporting – it might be more than you think!
- What you are selling – is it the same as in the UK? Does it excite your overseas customers? How do you promote what you have? How have you protected it? How have you set your pricing?
- Where best to trade – which countries can give you the best return for your efforts? How can you best research and find them?
- What resources will you need – how can you deliver effectively even with limited resources?
- Your best route to market – how can you cost-effectively get into a market? How do you provide a great customer experience? How do you make a strong profit and control costs?
- How to best work with partners – agents, distributors, strategic partners; which do you choose and why? What type of agreements will you have in place?
Featured Speaker: David Bone
- David has 17 years’ experience as an MD in an SME environment with experience in delivering a physical product, digital product and service sales across a range of sectors.
- A committed exporter and experienced channel manager, David has worked with agents and distributors in all of the major continents of the world – visiting over 40 countries in the course of his career.
- David understands the challenges of managing a progressive SME in the international arena, and what key elements you need to consider to help maintain control and minimise risk whilst maximising your export potential.
- As a facilitator, David brings a natural flair for relating to people and situations and an ingrained ability to understand those leading and managing in a wide variety of SME environments.
Who is this event for?
This event is designed for new exporters and part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund*. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your businesses eligibility.
- Be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the European SME definition
- Be based in the South East of England
- Be registered in the UK
- Have not received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last 3 fiscal years