How you will enter your chosen overseas market? Think about the following questions to help you work out your best market entry methods:
- Do any of your existing sales channels have international versions or possibilities?
- Have you started international marketing activities or made any websites adaptations to target specific markets?
There are various methods & tools you can use to sell your products or services. These could include:
- Direct sales
- Using a distributor
- Using an agent
- Using e-commerce platforms (note that these might be unfamiliar in your domestic market but very prominent internationally or vice versa)
- Joint ventures / partnerships
- Setting up a physical base in your target market
Think about the pros and cons of these methods and the potential implications for your resources and profitability. Each of these methods will have different requirements for after sales support.
- Contact your local DIT International Trade Advisor to assist with Routes to Market. Please click on this link to view their contact details.