International Trade Webinars & Online Events – diary dates:
- DIT, Pitching & Winning Business Online – Export Support Series, 7 September. Click here for more information
- DIT, Boost Your Online Reach with Website Optimisation, 8 September. Click here for more information
- DIT, Export Academy: Exporting your Food & Drink products to Australia and New Zealand (Webinar), 13 September. Click here for more information
- DIT, Pricing Your Exports for Profit, 14 September. Click here for more information
- DIT, Winning and Delivering Business Internationally, 15 September. Click here for more information
- DIT, Researching and Selecting International Markets, 21 September. Click here for more information
- DIT, Explore New Markets: Doing Business in Australia, 22 September. Click here for more information
- DIT, Managing International Agents & Distributors, 28 September. Click here for more information
- DIT, The Internationalisation Fund: Co-Investment Funding for SMEs, 28 September. Click here for more information
- DIT, Explore New Markets: Doing Business in Japan, 29 September. Click here for more information
- IMPULS, Market Access for French SMEs to UK NHS, 30 September. Click here to find out more information
- DIT, Sports Economy Trade Mission to the US: Leadership in Future Proofing Fan Engagement, 14-19 November. Click here for more information
- IMPULS, The Landscape for Digital Health Technologies Webinar, 26 October. Click here for more information
Applications to Join the ABHI US Accelerator’s 2022 Cohort Now Open
Now in its fourth year, the Association of British Health Tech Industries (ABHI) US Accelerator, conducted in partnership with the Dell Medical School in Austin, Texas, is aimed at UK medical device, diagnostic and digital health companies looking to access the US healthcare landscape.
The 12-month programme of support provides companies with the opportunity to define and strengthen their US strategy, de-risk market entry and grow their US business by utilising ABHI’s advice, expertise and connections within the country.
The programme facilitates introductions to hospital, clinical, and supply chain leaders, enabling companies to liaise directly with decision-makers to discuss their products and services. In addition, participating companies enjoy exclusive access to ABHI’s full year-round programme of trade missions and virtual activity across the US.
Since its establishment in 2017, the ABHI US Accelerator has led to multiple international research collaborations and new business generated for UK industry. Offering nationwide support, and drawing on the relationships and connections built up across the US, the programme has been expanded over the years and is now supporting 30 companies to drive their operations. Centred in Texas, and with participants able to make full use of ABHI’s dedicated workspace and office at the Dell Medical School, with access to their facilities and support from senior faculty, the programme is the ideal springboard for access to other key states.
“Being part of the ABHI US Accelerator programme has really helped us understand the US healthcare landscape. This has proven extremely valuable in our go-to market strategy. It has also given us access to providers and hospital systems that we would not have been able to on our own. I would highly recommend any company wishing to drive sales success in the USA to sign up.”
James Urie, Sales and Marketing Director, Mediplus Ltd
Places are limited. For further details on the opportunity, download the ABHI US Accelerator brochure here. To apply, or for an informal discussion on the opportunity, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sports Economy Trade Mission
to the US: Leadership in Future Proofing Fan Engagement
By 2023 the US sports market is expected to be worth $83bn, with further growth inevitable as the country gears up for the 2026 FIFA World Cup and the 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Now is the time to enter the US sports market. The UK’s Department for International Trade (DIT) is excited to invite UK companies to its inaugural DIT Sports Economy Trade Mission to the US this November*. We are looking for best-in-class UK companies and business leaders that have excelled at fan engagement strategy and delivery across creative and technological categories, including: clubs, leagues, marketing agencies, immersive technologies, gaming, and data. Delegates will enjoy a bespoke programme that includes VIP introductions to executives at sports teams, leagues, agencies, and venues, small-group discussions with senior leadership of global event host committees, opportunities to showcase your business and expertise to prospective clients, exceptional networking receptions organized in your honour, and much more.
Export Academy: Exporting your Food & Drink products to Australia and New Zealand (Webinar)
In 2020 New Zealand imported over £59m worth of UK Food & Drink products, whilst Australia became the 11th most important export destination for the UK in terms of value with Food & Drink imports of £424m. With the recent announcement of the UK – Australia Free Trade Agreement (FTA) and UK negotiations with New Zealand progressing towards a deal, the demand for British Food & Drink products is predicted to continue to grow, offering a wealth of opportunities to UK businesses who wish to capitalise on them. The Department for International Trade (DIT), in collaboration with online marketplace England’s Finest, are delighted to bring you a webinar focussed on exporting Food & Drink products to Australia and New Zealand.
• Import regulations that need to be considered
• The Food & Drink market landscape
• Trends, opportunities, and tips for entering Australia & New Zealand
• Free Trade Agreements overview
Struggling with Export paperwork? Access Chamber Customs Support
Chamber Customs is a customs brokerage service that provides import and export declarations, certificates of origin, transit documentation, training and advisory services delivered through the Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce.
This service offers traders a high level of compliance with HMRC procedures and offers a direct link for customs clearance through all sea, air and road ports and terminals in the UK.
The service is offered direct to businesses and through freight forwarders, ensuring that customs clearance is accurate, timely and avoids additional costs through delays or errors.
With direct links to the HMRC Customs handling system and all inventory linked ports, KICC can ensure that your goods, no matter where they enter or leave the UK, will be cleared for onward transportation smoothly.
Kent Invicta Chamber can help you keep your time-sensitive supply chains, moving efficiently and economically.
Export using Online Market Places for Food & Drink Products
One of the unexpected outcomes of the pandemic has been the increase in the use of digital technologies to reach customers. For companies wishing to export, there are many ways to connect to buyers, distributors and customers across the world such as using online market places to promote your products online to a global audience.
KIB has been made aware of several new platforms that can help food and drink businesses to connect to industry contacts both in the UK and internationally and some are currently able to provide a special offer for Kent businesses.
This month ‘Brilliant British Producers‘ is able to offer a special discounted rate to businesses signing up through KIB by 17 September. Please click here to find out more about the platform and click here to email us to take advantage of the discount.
SEED Project Update
The SEED project which is being led by Kent County Council and Kent Invicta Chamber along with counterparts in Essex, Medway and East Sussex, runs until mid 2022 and is helping small businesses to get into overseas markets.
The project is focusing on companies in the food & drink, digital & creative and life sciences sectors and we are currently making arrangements to connect Kent (and SE) businesses to business contacts in our target markets of Hong Kong, South Korea, Vietnam, Malaysia, UAE, Ireland and the US.
We’ve just sent our first shipment of Kent food & drink product samples to the HOFEX trade show in Hong Kong as part of a hybrid approach to exhibiting and will be offering further opportunities shortly including a series export readiness sessions and several virtual trade missions which will start shortly. You can find out which Kent companies are exhibiting virtually by clicking here to view the UK brochure.
Businesses interested in receiving free support from the project can click here to visit www.kentinternationalbusiness.co.uk/seed/ to find out more and to download and expression of interest form.
IMPULS Autumn Event Schedule
As part of the IMPULS project and to foster easier connections across the UK/France partnership, IMPULS can offer FREE or reduced rate attendance for the following virtual life science events taking place this Autumn:
Knowledge for Growth, Flanders Bio, Ghent (27-29 September)
- The conference features an exciting programme providing vital insight into the global life sciences landscape, one-to one partnering, a trade fair and more
SEHTA’s International MedTech Expo & Conference, London (8 October)
- Make sense of the complexities of health and social care delivery, and the challenges of accessing the NHS.
- Find funding opportunities with Investors & Accelerators from both private and public sources
- Help to access overseas markets, in particular the USA and Europe
- Understand current clinical challenges in the NHS
BioEurope Stockholm (25-27 October)
- Brings together global biopharma and investment leaders together to build partnerships that facilitate innovation and medical breakthroughs.
MEDICA Healthcare Brokerage Event 2021 – Welcome (b2match.io) (15-18 November)
- Use this networking opportunity at one of Europe’s most important health & Life Sciences events to initiate new businesses
- Meet providers of innovative technologies from throughout Europe and beyond
- Connect to potential partners for future co-operation
- Establish international contacts for long-term business relationships
- Find new partners for research projects
If you are interested in attending any of the virtual events above for free or at a reduced rate, please fill out an expression of interest form (if new to the IMPULS project) or email us at email@example.com and we will contact you with further details:
Bespoke FREE IMPULS Webinars:
The IMPULS partners are also offering the following webinars for Life Science SMEs to attend:
Market Access for French SMEs to UK NHS (30 September)
- An overview of the UK healthcare system and its main players
- An explanation of how the NHS (the national health service in England) works and how innovations are funded
- How to provide services to the NHS
- The role of health technologies and market drivers
- This workshop will be held in English with simultaneous interpretation in French
Digital Health Technology (26 October)
- Get an overview the landscape for digital health technologies
- Understand how the Integrated Care Systems (ICS) works
- Understand how “Virtual Wards” will be implemented into the NHS
Boost4Health Support Vouchers available! (max. value €1,500):
Support Vouchers for Kent Life Science SMEs aim to boost collaborations between SMEs and a ‘service provider in a different Northwest Europe country. It can be used for hiring expertise for a short time, examples include:
- Hire a consultant, to carry out lead generation / customer identification activities abroad.
- Feasibility studies for market suitability / insight / routes to market.
- Hire a consultant / agency, to carry product or marketing material localization activities abroad.
- One-day digital training sessions on specific topics
Apply for a Boost4Health Connection (Travel) Voucher (max. value €500):
Kent Life Science companies who are keen to attend events hosted across Northwest Europe can apply for a €500 Boost4Health Connection Voucher. The voucher can be used to cover fees for online events and other relevant services to the event (special sessions, costs for promotion, matchmaking apps) or for internationalisation purposes.
It can also be used to cover travel and accommodation costs to attend events across NorthWest Europe in person.
If you are attending the Leading International Life Science Trade fair MEDICA in Dusseldorf (15 -18 November 2021) you can cover travel and accommodation costs of up to €500 with a Boost4Health Connection Voucher
Don’t forget, if you become a Boost4Health Service Provider, Life Science companies from across NW Europe could spend their B4H Vouchers with you!
Kent Invicta Chamber: Quarterly Economic Survey
Could you spare a few minutes to complete Kent Invicta Chambers Quarterly Economic Survey before Monday 13th September?
The QES is the largest and longest-running business survey in the UK and is a powerful tool for representing the voice of business to Government. To retain its reputation as a reliable economic indicator and a powerful tool for lobbying, it is vital as many businesses as possible respond to it.
Agrifood Global Incubator Programme – Singapore (Apply by 12 September)
Innovate UK’s Global Incubator Programme, delivered in partnership with Innovate UK EDGE, is an acceleration programme for innovative businesses to work with world-leading
The programme is currently accepting applications for up to 8 innovative SMEs in the
agrifood and innovative food and beverage sectors to join our programme with GROW in Singapore. This is an opportunity to work with world-leading incubators in Singapore.
The ASEAN region is emerging as a major hub for agrifood and aquaculture innovation and there are significant opportunities for innovative UK businesses to be successful in the areas of advanced agrifood and innovative food solutions.
How To Apply
The Global Incubator Programme has a competitive application process where only the best applications will be successful following an evaluation process. Those shortlisted will be interviewed by a panel and finalists will undergo financial eligibility checks. All applications must be made online through the Innovate UK EDGE website and received no later than 23:45 on 12 Sep 2021. To support potential applicants, a Global Incubator Programme briefing will take place on 2 Sep 2021. Innovate UK is committed to improving the diversity of who we support. As such we welcome applications from those under-represented in the agrifood sector.