Welcome to the Spring 2023 Kent International Business Newsletter
Below you’ll find information about events and programmes available to help Kent businesses with export activity.
International Trade Webinars & Events – diary dates:
- DBT, UK Export Academy,An Introduction to Exporting Services, 5 May 2023. Click here for more information.
- DBT, UK Export Academy,Top Tips for understanding VAT in Europe , 9 May 2023. Click here for more information.
- DBT, UK Export Academy,Deciding your Pricing Strategy and Routes to Market for Overseas Sales, 10 May 2023. Click here for more information.
- DBT, UK Export Academy A Guide to Getting Paid when Selling Overseas 12 May 2023. Click here for more information
- DBT, UK Export Academy,What are Incoterms and how should they be used, 15 May 2023. Click here for more information.
- DBT, UK Export Academy,Understanding Export Controls, 16 May 2023. Click here for more information.
- DBT UK Export Academy,International Marketing: a beginner’s guide for non-marketeers, 17 May 2023. Click here for more information.
- KICC, International: Letters of Credit Demystified , 18 May 2023. Click here for more information.
- DBT, UK Export Academy,How the British Business Bank can boost your export growth 18 May 2023. Click here for more information.
- DBT, UK Export Academy,Opportunities for Legal Services SMEs in North America and Europe,22 May 2023. Click here for more information.
- DBT, UK Export Academy, Digital Marketing 4: Using Social Media to drive International Growth, 25 May 2023.Click here for more information
- DBT, UK Export Academy,Sales and Marketing: Creating impactful value propositions to help you succeed overseas ,25 May 2023. Click here for more information.
- DBT, UK Export Academy,UK Export Finance: how government support could help grow your exports, 31 May 2023. Click here for more information.
- DBT, UK Export Academy, Digital Marketing Session 5: Social Selling – Top tips for using social media effectively to reach a global audience, 31 May 2023. Click here for more information.
IMPULS Project End
The IMPULS project helped Health & Life Science companies on both sides of the Channel with Internationalisation.
Innovation in Manufacturers of Products Used in Life Sciences (IMPULS) was a project funded by the Interreg France-Channel-England Programme which helped small businesses from South East England and Northern France to get into international markets.
The project is ran a series of virtual webinars and arranged (virtual) access to international Life Science events. There were also opportunities to make B2B connections across the Channel.
IMPULS was led by Kent County Council, SEHTA, Eurasanté and Biotech & Santé Bretagne.
Although the project has ended, we still have access to our European Life Science cluster partners so please get in touch if this could be of help to you!
View our view below which shows how some of the companies we took to Medica as part of IMPULS in 2022 got on:
Business Opportunities in Spain:
12 Catalan corporations are looking for new technology/solution providers to help solve their challenges during the Health Revolution Congress taking place on 17th May in Barcelona.
Health Revolution Congress
Technology providers that have the potential to help solve these challenges can now register here to participate in the event and arrange physical or online meetings with the companies involved.
Solutions sought include:
- Introducing digital solutions into mental health treatment
- Smart and healthy ageing
- Dermatology Biomarkers using digital solutions
- Improving Caregivers Work Experience
- Brain Health Awareness
Deadline for registration is the 17th of May. Onsite meetings will take place at the Fira de Barcelona during the Health Revolution on the 17th of May and all participants will receive a free pass to attend the show.
Online meetings will take place the 24th of May.
Department for Business and Trade – Made in the UK, Sold to the World
The Department for Business and Trade (Formerly the Department for International Trade) has a newly launched website to advise and help business to export to products and services. The site enable businesses to:
- Create and account to find new customers around the world.
- Learn how to sell abroad
- Find the best country for your product
- Create an export plan that’s right for your business
Food Accelerator Next Programme – Growing Kent & Medway Project
Do you have an idea for an exciting new food or drink product? Have you spotted a gap in the market? Would you like to turn your idea into a commercial reality?
Whether you have an idea for a business, you have just launched a start-up or you have an established business looking for a new direction, the Food Accelerator Programme can help solve problems through expert technical, business and financial support and make your concept ready for market.
If you are based in Kent or Medway or looking to relocate to the region, join the Food Accelerator – a 4-month programme of dedicated business and technical support, providing training, tools, mentoring and networking opportunities.
The Food Accelerator is targeted at:
- Ambitious people in Kent or Medway or those planning to relocate their business activity to the region.
- People with ideas, start-ups and enterprises looking to launch, grow or scale their business through
- Businesses with a focus on new food and drink products or processes – especially plant-based food.