BioRegio STERN Management GmbH – Regional Life Sciences Ecosystem
BioRegio STERN Management GmbH promotes economic development in the life sciences industry, helping to strengthen the region as a business location by supporting innovations and start-up companies. It is the main point of contact for company founders and entrepreneurs in the Stuttgart and Neckar-Alb regions, including the cities of Tübingen and Reutlingen.
The STERN BioRegion is one of the largest and most successful bioregions in Germany. Its unique selling points include a mix of biotech and medtech companies that is outstanding in Germany and regional clusters in the fields of automation technology and mechanical engineering.
Key organisations in BioRegio STERN:
- 3 Universities: Hohenheim, Stuttgart and Tübingen
- University Hospital Tübingen
- 8 Universities of Applied Sciences, 5 active in Biotech: Esslingen, Reutlingen, Nürtingen, Albstadt-Sigmaringen, Rottenburg
- 5 Fraunhofer Institutes, 2 active in Biotech
- 5 Max Planck Institutes, 4 active in Biotech
- Natural and Medical Sciences Institute (NMI)
- Biomedical Engineering Department at the Institute of Textile Technology and Process Engineering (ITV)
- Hohenstein Institute (textile institute, house dust mite research)
- TF R-T technology park Reutlingen-Tübingen