International Trade Webinars & Online Events – diary dates:
- Philippines Chamber, Setting up your Ecommerce Business with Lazada Philippines, 16 March. Click here for more information
- Innovate UK Edge, International B2B matchmaking at Oceanology 2022, 16 March, Click here for more information
- Santander, Opportunities in the Life Sciences/Healthcare Sector in Malaysia, 16 March. Click here for information
- DIT, The Internationalisation Fund: Co-Investment Funding for SMEs, 17 March. Click here for more information
- ABHI, HealthTech Opportunities in Abu Dhabi, 17 March. Click here for more information
- SEHTA, How to Access the US Markets Workshop, 21 April, Click here to register
- KICC, Introduction to Export Procedures and Documentation, 24 March. Click here for more information
- DIT, Explore New Markets: Doing Business in Liechtenstein & Switzerland, 24 March. Click here for more information
- KICC, Methods of Payment in International Trade for Exporters and Importers., 5 April, Click here for more information
- London Chamber, Business Opportunities for UK Companies in NRW, Germany, 29 March Click here for more information
- DIT, The internationalisation fund, 7 April. Click here for more information
- KICC, Correct Use Of Tariff Classifications. Including Importer And Exporter Obligations, 26 April. Click here for more information
SEED Project Update – MALAYSIA, UAE & THE PHILLIPINES
The SE Export Development project which is being led by Kent County Council and Kent Invicta Chamber along with counterparts in Essex, Medway and East Sussex, is helping small businesses to get into overseas markets.
We are continuing to invite eligible companies to sign up for our next programme of activity focusing Malaysia (Health & Life Sciences), as well as possible upcoming programmes for the United Arab Emirates (Health & Life Science) and the Philippine’s (food & drink).
Our following virtual programmes are successfully well underway for the market-specific programmes of activity which started in December 2021: Ireland for Health & Life Sciences and UAE & Vietnam for Food & Drink and include market briefings and insight, 121 support from ‘in-market’ specialists, and meetings with in-market contacts as part of our virtual trade missions.
If you’re interested in participating in the SEED project, click here to contact us or click here to download our Expression of Interest form on this page and return to us.
Webinar – Opportunities in the Malaysian Life Sciences/Healthcare sector
Santander and the British Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (BMCC) are organising a webinar on 16 March to provide in-depth information on the opportunities in the Life Science sector in Malaysia.
If you’re a UK business involved in the Life Sciences/Healthcare industry, with a strong interest in breaking into or exploring further opportunities in Malaysia, then this webinar is for you. The session will aim to cover a range of topics, including:
- An overview of the Life Sciences sector and regulations in Malaysia.
- Emerging trends and opportunities.
- The main players in the Life Sciences sector in Malaysia.
- Intellectual Property protection.
- The role of regulators in the market.
This event is supported by the Department for International Trade, UK.
Webinar – ABHI Market Briefing: HealthTech Opportunities in Abu Dhabi
ABHI and the Abu Dhabi Investment Office are organising a webinar on 17 March to deliver a market briefing webinar on the HealthTech opportunities in Abu Dhabi.
The session will feature expert speakers from the region to provide an overview of the healthcare system, local government policy and the support available to aid your market entry journey.
This webinar will focus on the opportunities for UK HealthTech companies to engage with the Abu Dhabi healthcare system, and will provide delegates with the chance to put questions to the expert speakers.
IMPULS Life Sciences Project Update
IMPULS is part-financed by the Interreg France-Channel-England Programme. It aims to help SMEs from SE England and NW France to collaborate, internationalise and access opportunities on both sides of the Channel and further afield. It will run until January 2023.
|26 April 2022
Internationalising your business in an
|25 May 2022
Innovating to respond to the “new normal” in the UK
|16 June 2022
Preparing for virtual tradeshows
|5 July 2022
Promoting your business across the world virtually
We are also inviting companies to participate online for free at BIO Europe Spring (28-31 March) and Knowledge for Growth (18-19 May)
- Further details of our events for 2022 will be made available shortly.
- Find out more about IMPULS by clicking on this link
How can IMPULS help your business?
- Access expertise to gain insight into what it takes to be successful in European Life Science markets from specialist, in-market experts – through hands on assistance with creating localised marketing materials
- Access to a wide range of collaboration opportunities with other businesses and Life Sciences stakeholders on both sides of the Channel
- IMPULS will foster European partnerships which could also facilitate access to further EU funding for SMEs
- Free/ reduced rate access to key International Industry events, Fact Finding Missions & pitch & match Meetings to connect businesses to the right international contacts
- B4H vouchers will only be available until May 2022
- Only 5 vouchers remaining!
Apply for a Boost4Health Vouchers to help with internationalisation (max. value €1,500)
What’s on offer?
- Hire a consultant in another European country, to carry out lead generation / customer identification activities abroad.
- Feasibility studies for market suitability / insight / routes to market in mainland Europe.
- Hire a consultant / agency, to carry product or marketing material localisation activities abroad.
- Organise digital market insight / compliance training sessions
Apply for a Boost4Health Connection Voucher (max. value €500):
Kent Life Science companies who are keen to attend events hosted across North West Europe can apply for a €500 Boost4Health Connection Voucher.
What’s on offer?
- Cover fees for online events and other relevant services to the event special sessions, costs for promotion, matchmaking apps) or for internationalisation purposes
- Cover travel and accommodation costs to attend events across North West Europe in person
UK Export Academy
This free programme from DIT will help you start or grow your international sales.
The UK Export Academy, from the Department for International Trade (DIT), gives small and micro-businesses the know-how to sell to customers around the world with confidence.
It’s applicable to a wide range of businesses, whether you want to start exporting, or you’re aiming to enter new markets, they will help you overcome many of the common challenges that small businesses can face.
The programme is designed for owners and senior managers of businesses looking to grow internationally and located in the UK.
You’ll will have the chance to find out more about the support that’s available from DIT and its local trade offices, including the chance to join future trade missions and access grants and funding.
If you have any questions, you can call DIT on 0300 365 0114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Business Innovation Programme to Canada, Focus: Ocean Technology
Join Innovate UK’s Global Business Innovation Programme to explore and exploit collaboration, growth and innovation opportunities in Canada, with the aim of developing products and services for the Ocean Technology sector.
Canada has become a world leader in engineering products and services suited to extreme harsh ocean environments, marine remote sensing technologies, and ocean observing systems. Atlantic Canada and Nova Scotia, in particular, is home to a strong cluster of ocean industries and to ground breaking ocean research. This region is quickly becoming a globally recognised hub of oceans expertise with the potential to be a significant contributor to a number of Global Value Chains associated with the oceans sector.
Up to 15 high-growth innovation-driven UK businesses will be selected to participate in this programme, which includes an Innovation Visit to Halifax, Nova Scotia, and participation at Canada’s premier event for the ocean technology sector. The H2O: Home to Overseas Conference and Exhibition will include: the ocean industry showcase, UK pavilion presence, exclusive networking opportunities through pre-arranged B2B meetings with like-minded Canadian and international businesses, formal receptions and the high-profile international Oceans Gala Dinner. This year’s conference will also include on-water demos at the Centre for Ocean Ventures & Entrepreneurship (COVE).
- Explore Ocean Technology opportunities in Canada.
- Gain a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities of doing business in Canada.
- Find potential innovation collaborators and partners and develop your network globally.
- Improve your company value proposition to international partners and investors.
Focus Areas: This initiative is particularly relevant for businesses in the areas of: Aquaculture, Fisheries, Marine Energy, Marine Environmental Monitoring, Marine Net Zero, Marine Observations, Marine Robotics, Marine Transportation, Ocean Plastics
- 27 March – Applications close
- 3 May – Pre-visit briefing workshop
- 12-18 June – Innovation visit
- 21 Sep – Exploitation workshop
B2B Matchmaking at Oceanology 2022
This hybrid event will be held at Excel London with participants able to take part in pre-arranged 1:1 meetings in person, or to book online meetings for off-site participants.
Registrations are open now until 13 March and participants are encouraged to request and accept meetings NOW. Meetings cannot be arranged on the day.
Innovate UK EDGE is organising a B2B matchmaking event on Wednesday 16 March 2022 during Oceanology International 2022. The matchmaking event is FREE to attend and is open to attendees of Oceanology 2022 and will give you the opportunity to meet potential collaborators and business partners during pre-arranged 20 minute meetings and create real business development opportunities with exhibitors and visitors, active in the maritime sector. The event takes place within Oceanology 2022 and your agenda will be sent to you two days before the event with the exact time and location of your meetings.
- Are you looking for new customers, partners or financiers for your company?
- Are you looking for new potential partners to develop your business and research objectives?
- Are you seeking partners to adapt your technology, including for dual-use applications?
- Or maybe you just want to boost your innovativeness?
Ocean technologies, Marine science, Oil and gas, Maritime security, Maritime renewables, Maritime engineering, Ports and harbours, Blue Growth
- Establishing technology and commercial partnerships
- Expanding your business abroad
- Learning about new technologies and solutions
- Showcase your most favourable projects, products or know-how
- Present, discuss and develop new ideas and projects
What can you expect?
- Bilateral meetings – Initiate promising contacts in pre-arranged meetings
- Find stakeholders – Discuss with marine sector stakeholders about their needs
- Meet researchers- Meet with key researchers for co-development or funding application opportunities
Business Opportunities for UK Companies in NRW, Germany
Are you considering growing your business in Germany?
The London Chamber of Commerce & Industry (LCCI) is offering a free webinar, Business Opportunities for UK Companies in NRW, Germany. The webinar takes place on Tuesday 29 March 2022, 12.30 – 1.30pm. All are welcome and attendees do not need to be a member of LCCI.
12.30pm Welcome and Introduction
Richard Burge, Chief Executive, London Chamber of Commerce
12.40pm Business Opportunities for UK Companies in NRW, Germany
Dagmar Wülknitz, Head of Business Unit UK and Andrew Harfoot, UK Representative, NRW.Global Business
12.50pm Frauke Jenke, Manager International Marketing & FDI, Economic Development Department, City of Bonn
1.00pm Legal Considerations: EU Trade – Business Opportunities in Germany
York-Alexander von Massenbach, Head of London Office and Philipp Dietz, Partner Cologne, Luther Law Firm
1.10pm Case Study: GKN Hydrogen (Experiences of a UK company in North Rhine-Westphalia)
Guido Degen, Chief Commercial Officer, GKN Hydrogen
1.30pm Closing Remarks
Richard Burge, Chief Executive, London Chamber of Commerce
Introduction to Import Documentation and Procedures
Thursday 24th March 2022 | 9:30am – 1:00pm | Online via Zoom
This course is designed as an introduction to the main documents, terminologies, customs rules and procedures for successful importing. It will include a summary of INCOTERMS 2020 used for international trade consignments.
Correct Use Of Tariff Classifications. Including Importer And Exporter Obligations
Tuesday 26th April 2022 | 9:30am – 1:00pm | Online via Zoom
This course will look at the process for determining the code that fits the product and for obtaining binding decisions in order to avoid disagreements and will go through the quotation process in considerable detail so that practitioners have a thorough view of what the requirements are.
Export Support Service
The government’s Export Support Service helpline and online service is the first point of contact for all UK businesses to get answers to questions about exporting their products or services to customers in Europe.
The Export Support Service is a free government service run by the Department for International Trade.
No matter the size of your business, how much you export or where in the UK you are based, you can use the service to get answers to your questions.
Latest information and guidance for businesses trading with Ukraine or Russia
The Department for International Trade (DIT) has expanded the Export Support Service (ESS) to act as a single point of enquiry for businesses and traders with questions relating to the situation in Ukraine and Russia. Visit https://www.gov.uk/ask-export-support-team, or call the helpline on 0300 303 8955. It is currently operational daily, including weekends: 8am to 10pm.
Visit the gov.uk website by clicking here for the latest guidance on sanctions relating to exporting to Russia. Key links below:
- Click here for information about UK Sanctions Relating to Russia
- Click here for information about Russian Sanctions: Guidance
- Click here for information about Financial Guidance, Russia
- DIT’s Export Control Joint Unit distributed two notice to exporters on the introduction of new sanctions against Russia – click this link for details, and licence suspensions – click this link for details. Sign-up by clicking here to receive email alerts from DIT and notices to exporters including details of upcoming webinars.