There are various legal responsibilities associated with doing business overseas. It’s important to gain a good understanding of these before starting to export.
To minimise risk and avoid hidden costs, it is useful to consider the following:
- Seek expert advice on any permits / taxes / duties that you may need to deal with in order to export or import.
- How will Brexit affect legal and regulatory considerations? You can find out more about this by clicking here.
- Find out about any changes that have been made to export regulations since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic. You can learn about this by clicking here.
- Familiarise yourself with the VAT rules administered by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), and be aware of any export controls which relate to your particular product. Find out what you need to know by clicking here.
- Contact your local Chamber of Commerce for assistance with your export documentation. Please click here to view contact details and get in touch with them.