International Trade Webinars & Events – diary dates:
- The Internationalisation Fund: Co-Investment Funding for SMEs, 12 August. Click here for more information
- Importing Goods Into The UK – Know The New Changes, 17 August. Click here for more information
- SEED Project, Philippines market briefing & Virtual Trade Mission for Food & Drink companies, 1-2 September, Click here for more information or to sign up
- Overview of the EU & UK Health Care Sector Regulations, 7 September. Click here for more information
- Kent & Hauts-de-France, Reconnecting Business Across the Channel (networking event in Lille), 16-17 September Click here to email us for more information
- Kent Business School Soundbites – Future Perspectives on Exporting, 22 September Click here for more information
SEED Project Update – UAE, MALAYSIA, THE PHILLIPINES
The South East Export Development project is continuing to invite eligible companies to sign up for our remaining programmes of activity focusing on the following international markets per sector until October 2022:
- Malaysia (Health & Life Science) – Market Briefing Session 9am, 6 Sept
- United Arab Emirates (Health & Life Science)
- Philippines (Food & Drink) – Market Briefing & Virtual Trade Mission, 1-2 Sept
To date the project is delivering several other Virtual Trade Mission programmes in Ireland, UAE, Vietnam, and Canada. Each market-specific programme of activity includes bespoke market briefings and insight, 1-2-1 support from ‘in-market’ specialists, and meetings with targeted in-market business contacts as part of our virtual trade mission programmes.
IMPULS Project Update
Virtual Pitch and Match Session Programme:
The IMPULS project is organisation a series of virtual matchmaking events to enable businesses to make contacts in England, France and other European projects. If you’re interested in making international business connections to explore collaborations, partnerships or joint working, then please sign up for this free programme of activities,
Who can participate?
- Health & Life Science companies based in the IMPULS regions (see areas listed below)
- International businesses from outside the IMPULS regions interested in making connections in England and France
- Academics, researchers working in the field of health and life sciences
- Health care providers and commissioners
- Distributors and buyers working in the field of health & life sciences
- Representatives of Life Science organisations and clusters
What to expect:
We are organising 6 pitch and match sessions to connect people via virtual meetings:
|Dealing with regulations in the healthcare systems in the UK and France including a limited number of 121 slots with Psephos BioMedica.||8-9 September 2022|
|Medical Devices – connect with other participants of the Medfit conference.||20-21 September 2022|
|Nutrition – connect with other participants of the Nutrevent conference.||4-5 October 2022|
|Health & Social care – connect with other participants of the SEHTA International Medtech Conference.||13-14 October 2022|
|Biotechnology – connect with other participants of the BioFit conference.||29-30 November 2022|
|‘All things Health & Life Sciences’ – a final chance to connect with businesses, academics, healthcare specialists on both sides of the Channel||19-20 January 2023|
How to participate:
- Create a profile on our pitch and match platform (you can upload images, videos and other information to showcase your company or your offer): https://euimpuls.meeting-mojo.com
- Check the session dates above and indicate your availability for meetings on the platform
- Book 121 meetings with other participants on the platform
To find out more about the IMPULS project please click here.
Exhibit for Free At Arab Health 2023 with IMPULS
Date: 30 Jan-2 Feb 2023
The IMPULS Project is offering 4 innovative Health & Life Science SMEs in Kent,
Hauts-de-France and Bretagne a free exhibition pod at the event.
Exhibiting at international trade shows is a great way to promote your business, products and services to an industry-specific, global audience.
About Arab Health
Arab Health prides itself as being the largest and leading healthcare business event in the Middle East and one of the largest in the world. The event has been running for 47 years and attracts the world’s leading manufacturers, distributors and service providers, displaying the latest technology, innovations and trends within the healthcare and life sciences market. It regularly welcomes over 4,000 global exhibitors, and tens of thousands of visitors from growing markets including Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman, Kuwait and Northern Africa.
What to Expect
- A free exhibition pod on the Medilink UK Pavilion in hall 2 or 3 to showcase your products or services from 30 January to 2 February 2023
- The pod package on offer is worth £4,700 and includes a professionally designed and installed graphic backboard and use of a shared meeting area on the wider pavilion.
- Please note that companies will have to cover the costs of their own travel and accommodation.
- Please click here to complete an expression of interest form.
- Visit www.kentinternationalbusiness.co.uk/impuls/ to find out more about IMPULS
- Visit https://www.arabhealthonline.com/en/visit/live.html to find out more about Arab Health 2023
IMPULS is part-financed by the Interreg France-Channel-England Programme. It aims to help SMEs from SE England and NW France to collaborate, internationalise and access opportunities on both sides of the Channel and further afield. It will run until January 2023.
Are you entering the Chamber Awards?
The Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce Annual Business Awards brings together the business community showcasing the amazing achievements of a range of businesses and talented individuals.
These awards attract a wide range of entries from across a variety of sectors, but the finalists and winners all have one thing in common, they are truly excellent at what they do and have proved this in their entry.
Awards are open to all Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce Members, as well as Non-Members.
This year, Kent International Business is delighted to be sponsoring the ‘Success in International Trade 2022’ Award and we’re looking forward to finding out about some of the amazing export and international achievements of Kent-based businesses.
Health & Life Sciences Update
Health Tech & Innovation days (France) – 13-14 October, Paris
This annual event will be an opportunity for innovative SMEs in the pharma and health care fields to connect to other businesses and healthcare professionals. Further details to follow.
Boost4Health is ending…
The Boost4Health project has connected Kent companies to Life Science clusters and contacts in several North West European countries. The main project has come to an end but Kent remains connected to various Health & Life Science clusters in mainland Europe. If you need information or connections to European Life Science networks and clusters, Kent is part of the Council for European Bio Regions (CEBR) and we can help to keep you in touch with European counterparts. Find out more about Boost4Health and the European network by clicking this link.
BIOREGATE FORUM – The 3rd edition of the European Regenerative Medicine Forum
The University of Nantes, the Catholic University of Louvain, Atlanpole Biotherapies and Kent International Business are inviting companies to join the 2022 BIOREGATE FORUM.
Kent businesses are eligible for a discounted entry rate – please contact us for more details.
When? 21-23 September 2022
Where? Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Meet over 150 international delegates : experts from research, start-ups, SMEs and pharmaceutical industries, present your technology or products in the exhibition area and get qualified contacts during the one-to-one sessions.
Hear from expert speakers coming from all over the world on extracellular vesicles for tissue repair, cell therapy, 3D printing/bioprinting, biomaterials/personalised medicine, tissue decellularisation.
Importing Goods Into The UK – Know The New Changes
Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce have teamed up with Chamber Customs Kent to bring you a step-by-step guide webinar for importers to help you with the steps to make sure you are ready for the changes.
On 30th September changes are coming into place for businesses who import goods into the UK. It is important you know about the changes now, otherwise your goods will be denied entry into the UK.
- Changes to the payment method you can currently use through the Customs Declaration Service (CDS), and what you need to do.
- On 30 September 2022, it will no longer be usable for import declarations
- How to authorise your agent to use your CDS Cash Account
- How to top up your CDS Cash Account
- How to check previous transactions